Whenever Kit found himself considering his plans, which he had once not long ago believed to include Göttingen, there was always the interesting question of why he should be lingering in this vaguely grandular shape on the map, beleaguered, paused at the edge of history, less a nation than a prophecy of a fate to be communally suffered, an all but sub-audible ostinato of fear...
Against the Day, p. 559
- 40.2: 559 (this sorceress of the -) Direction | Planet Earth
- 40.2: 559 City/Around the World | Germany
- 40.2: 559 Characters | The Traverse Family
- 40.2: 559 Language/Dictionary | Italian
- 40.2: 559 (- ostinato of fear) Orthography Language/Dictionary | Word Clusters
- 40.2: 559 Characters | Quaternions