Jump to content
Explore aside menu
V.: An Extended Table of Contents
Chapter Three. In which Stencil, a quick-change artist, does eight impersonations (pp. 61-94)
- 3.0 As spread thighs are to the libertine, flights of migratory birds to the ornithologist, the working part of his tool bit to the production machinist, so was the letter V to young Stencil.
- 3.1 As the afternoon progressed, yellow clouds began to gather over the Place Mohammed Ali, from the direction of the Lybian desert.
- 3.2 Yusef the factotum, temporarily on loan from Hotel Khedival, dashed through the falling rain, across the street to the Austrian consulate; darting in by the servants' entrance.
- 3.3 The Fink restaurant was quiet: not much doing.
- 3.4 The Alexandria and Cairo morning express was late.
- 3.5 The desert creeps in on a man's land.
- 3.6 Three in the morning, hardly a sound in the streets, and time for Girgis the mountebank to be about his nighttime avocation, burglary.
- 3.7 The bierhalle north of the Ezbekiyeh Garden had been created by north European tourists in their own image.
- 3.8 The corridors runs by the curtained entrances to four boxes, located to audience right at the top level of the summer theatre in the Ezbekiyeh Garden.